The Most Beautiful Cosmetic You Can Wear is Healthy Skin!
Known as "The Skin Care Makeup," Jane Iredale mineral cosmetics are so safe and beneficial to use that her line of products are recommended by Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists throughout the world. Every Jane Iredale product is developed as a true extension of skin care.
Buy Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup Online:
Click links to view products in each category.
About Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics
Mineral Foundation Makeup, Powders and Concealers
Jane Iredale's Amazing Base Loose Minerals and Pure Pressed Mineral Makeup are designed to be a concealer, foundation, powder and sunscreen all in one. Jane Iredale powders contain no oil. talc, FD&C Dyes or synthetic preservatives.
Choosing a Color
Because mineral face makeup reflects light, Jane Iredale powders have a wider color tolerance than most makeup brands. The two most frequently requested colors - Amber and Natural - suit a wide range of skin tones and provide sheer coverage.
Camouflage and Every Day Mineral Makeup
Even though Jane Iredale mineral makeup is optimal for everyday use, with layering, it can also be used as a powerful camouflage makeup to cover up acne, scars, redness, skin discoloration and tattoos. Using Jane's bases, powders and cover-ups along with specially designed mineral makeup brushes, you can achieve flawless coverage that lasts all day.
Protecting Your Skin While Letting it Breathe
Jane's line of pure mineral based makeup contains a highly-sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments which are micro-pulverized, using proprietary technology and processes to form microscopic flat crystals. These crystals overlap each other on the skin to form a filter that allows the skin to breathe and function normally while still protecting it from air-borne pollutants. The staying power of the minerals is so great that they rarely need a touch-up during the day. And because these silky-feeling powders are water resistant, they won't crease or smear even during the most strenuous exercise.
Colors for Every Skin Tone
These state-of-the-art minerals are available in so many colors that there's one for every complexion no matter what the ethnicity.
What Makes Jane Iredale the Best Mineral Makeup Available?
- Four in one - Jane's micronized mineral bases are four products in one: foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen, and will disguise almost any skin discoloration.
- SPF 17 Pressed Bases & SPF 20 Loose Bases - Formulated with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, the minerals give instant, true broad-spectrum, chemical-free sun protection. They are also Very Water Resistant.
- Fast, weightless coverage - Because Jane Iredale mineral cosmetics use no fillers like talc to dilute the effectiveness of the pigment, one quick application of our minerals provides all-day coverage that doesn't fade, crease or smear.
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free - The skin is allowed to breathe and function normally.
- Minimum allergy risk - Jane Iredale products contain no sensitizers like perfume or chemical dyes and preservatives in our bases, blush or eye shadows.
- Coverage - Because the minerals are concentrated pigment, they give complete coverage and can be used effectively to camouflage large or small distractions.
- Adhere - The minerals adhere to the skin until they are removed with any cleanser.
- Anti-inflammatory - Jane Iredale mineral bases have anti-inflammatory properties and are especially helpful for acne and rosacea-prone skins.
- Inert - The loose minerals are inert and cannot support bacteria.
- Quality - Jane Iredale uses state of the art cosmeceutical ingredients to ensure the finest performance in coverage, application and texture. The vitamins and antioxidants contained in the products are pharmaceutical grade.
- No animal testing
Fast, Weightless Coverage
Apply with a brush or a sponge for coverage that it would normally take three products to achieve. The result should look sheer and luminescent and feel weightless.
Non-Comodogenic and Oil Free
Under a microscope, the mineral crystals look like overlapping fish scales. These crystals form a filter that allows the free exchange of gasses. The minerals are non-comedogenic, and we use no oils in any of our base formulas. We have many accounts from acne patients testifying to improvement in their skins since using our mineral makeup.
Minimum Allergy Risk
Allergies and sensitivities are usually caused by substances that cause irritation to the skin. Substances that most commonly cause these sensitivities are chemical preservatives, chemical dyes (usually labeled as FD&C ), perfume and alcohol. Reactions are particularly common in skins that have been compromised in some fashion, as through a weakened immune system, sun damage, chemical peels, laser resurfacing, etc. Our makeup contains none of these sensitizers. In fact, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are anti-inflammatories and help calm the skin.
Contains no FD&C Dyes
When the letters FD&C precede a color, it means that the color has been approved by the FDA for use in foods, drugs and cosmetics. When D&C precede the color, it signifies that it can be used only in drugs or cosmetics. FD&C dyes are derived from petroleum or coal tar. Coal tar is a thick liquid or semisolid tar obtained from bituminous coal which contains many constituents, including benzene, xylenes, naphthalene, pyridine, quinoline, phenol, and creosol. The main concern about coal tar derivatives is that they cause cancer in animals, but they are also frequent sources of allergic reactions, particularly skin rashes and hives. ( A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients , Ruth Winter, M.S.) Chemical dyes are also often comedogenic, especially the red dyes used in blush. Jane Iredale uses no petroleum or coal tar dyes in our products.
The word "pigment" usually means a colored or white compound that is insoluble in a solvent. (The word "dye" generally refers to a chemical compound, most often of coal tar origin, which is soluble.) Our pigments are made from micronized mineral elements only . Other cosmetics almost always contain a filler like talcum powder which is used to stretch a small amount of pigment a long way. Talc is usually the first thing to appear on ingredient lists, which by law must be arranged in order of proportion of content from large to small. Talc is drying, translucent and cheap. It slides off the face, falls into cracks and accentuates lines because of its matte finish. (All matte finishes are aging.) Talc has no camouflage capability.
The reason our mineral poder makeup works so well as a natural-looking beauty makeup and/or a camouflage is because they are concentrated pigment which not only masks color but also reflects away light (matte finishes absorb light). An amazingly small amount of the minerals will cover any type of redness including acne, rosacea and erythema (redness).
As always SkinCare-MD is proud to offer only the best skin care products. We are pleased to introduce the Jane Iredale line to our customers as the best, all natural mineral makeup available to care for your skin. As a licensed Jane Iredale retailer, we are not permitted to sell Jane Iredale products at a discount. Discounted Jane Iredale products sold on the Internet are often expired or not authentic Jane Iredale products.
We ship our products to the United States, Canada and worldwide. At this time we are unable to ship Jane Iredale products to countries with official Jane Iredale Representatives. A list of representatives can be found on the Jane Iredale Web site.