Recommend this article to your Facebook friends!
Prevage MD Regimen
Applying PREVAGE MD anti-aging treatment to your face and neck twice a day:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the overall appearance of your skin
- Protects your skin from environmental stressors knows to cause skin aging.
What is PREVAGE MD
PREVAGE MD is an anti-aging treatment containing the key antioxidant ingredient idebenone (ee-dee-ben-OWN). The 1% strength of idebenone is available only in PREVAGE MD and only from a physician's office.
Why should you use an antioxidant on your skin?
You may have heard about the negative effects of free radicals inside the body and the value of adding antioxidants to your diet to counter the effects of free radicals. Free radicals accumulate in your skin, not only from the effects of environmental stressors (UV light, air polution, ozone, and cigarette smoke), but also from the aging process itself.
The effects of stressors on your skin cannot be combatted with simple cleansing. To remove free radicals, you need a topical antioxidant like PREVAGE MD anti-aging treatment, which protects against skin damage by chemically trapping and neutralizing each free radical it touches. Think of antioxidants as guardians of your skin cells, protecting them from free radicals and allowing the production of healthier cells.
What can idebenone 1% do for my skin?
Idebenone 1% anti-aging treatment helps correct the skin damage that you already have -- and also helps protect your skin from future damage. The antioxidant power of idebenone 1% has been clinically shown to reduce the signs of skin aging in only 4 weeks.
- 72% of patients reported reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- 78% of patients reported reduction in roughness and dryness
- 78% of patients reported improvement in skin softness and smoothness
- 61% of patients reported improvement in firmness, tightness and elasticity
- 67% of patients reported improvement in overall appearance
- In addition, a majority of patients reported an overall improvement in their skin's healthy appearance after just 4 weeks of use.
Daily Regimen: How to Optimize Results with Prevage MD
For best results, start low and go slow
- PREVAGE MD is always applied to clean, dry skin. If you use a moisturizer, apply it after PREVAGE MD.
- Start with a Skin Patch Test: A small amount of PREVAGE MD should be applied once a day for 3 days to a small area of the skin that will be receiving treatment, usually the face or neck. If redness, rash and/or swelling occurs, the area should be washed with soap, use of PREVAGE MD should be discontinued immediately and contact us for information on returning the product for a refund.
- For best results, patients should begin using PREVAGE MD every other day once a day for the first week. In the second week, PREVAGE MD can be applied once a day every day, then gradually buidling up over the next few weeks to twice a day (morning and night).
- A small, pea-size amount of PREVAGE MD per tretment is sufficient to cover the entire face and neck areas.
- Some patients may experience what appears to be an acne breakout after using PREVAGE MD for a period of time. This could be skin irritation due to overuse. If this occurs, try using less PREVAGE MD: return to a pea-size amount once every other day for a week, then slowly increase to the normal twice-a-day usage over a couple of weeks.
- Recommended cosmetic sequence: cleanse, tone, apply PREVAGE MD, moisturize, apply sunscreen, apply makeup.
Important Patient Instructions:
- Skin reactions have been reported following the use of PREVAGE MD anti-aging treatment. Such reactions have been reported commonly following product use but most are mild and clear up by discontinuing use of the product. There have been rare reports of rashes away from the site of application, swelling and allergic reactions. Although rare, some of these allergic reactions, including treatment with systemic corticosteroids. Do not use this product if you are sensitive to any of its ingredients. Avoid contact with your eyes or mouth.
- Skin reactions may be more likely in individuals with sensitive skin, eczema, or allergies to cosmetics, hair dyes (para-phenylenediamine (PPD), bleaching agents (hydroquinones), sulfa compounds or jewelry. Patients undergoing medical procedures such as laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, chemical peels or any other aggressive skin therapy may also be at increased risk of experiencing skin reactions.
- Skin reactions are more likely to occur within the first several days of use. However, in some cases, skin reactions have also been reported after weeks to months of continuous product use as people may become sensitized to the product. Physicians and patients should be aware that such reactions may occur at any time during use.
- If any itching, burning, redness or swelling occurs, wash the product off and discontinue use. If this does not improve the reaction, contact your dispensing physician to discuss your reaction or seek further medical attention immediately. Do not reapply.
Contact Our Office for More Information about the Prevage MD Daily Regimen
As always, we encourage you to call our office and speak to our licensed Esthetician or one of our skincare associates, if you have any questions. We are happy to talk to you about your skin type and condition and make product recommendations based on your conversation. Our MD Forte, Obagi Nu-Derm, Obagi-C Rx, Clenziderm MD and Kinerase Advanced Skin Care Programs are all excellent for skin rejuvenation. We can help you decide which skin care program would be best for you. We are available during office hours Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST at 1-877-415-0600. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.